The Minooka Public Works Department headquarters is located
at 608 Twin Rail Drive. The Public Works Department consists of
a staff of eight maintenance and operations personnel, one
clerical personnel, and a superintendent responsible for the
supervision, operation and maintenance of Village infrastructure
and support services including the following:
- Operation and maintenance of a 2.2 MGD wastewater
- Sanitary sewer collection system consisting of 32 miles
of sanitary sewer lines, manholes and 7 lift stations.
- Operation and maintenance of 4 water treatment
facilities including 2 Cation exchange water softening
facilities supplied by 5 wells.
- Inspection of new water and sewer service lines.
- Operation and maintenance of 3 elevated storage tanks.
- Operation of water transmission and distribution system
consisting of 44 miles of water mains ranging in sizes of
4-inches to 16-inches in diameter, 26 miles of service
lines, 1250 fire hydrants, 850 main line valves.
- Water meter reading, repairs and maintenance of 4,000
- Billing and account maintenance for the 4,000 utility
- Street maintenance of 63 miles of roadways including 12
miles of storm sewers, 1850 catch basins, wet and dry
detention basins, regulatory and street name signs, mowing
of roadside ditches, asphalt patching.
- Operation and maintenance of street lights.
- Operation and maintenance of traffic signal lights.
- Maintenance of 21 park facilities.
- Maintenance of 5 miles of bike trails.
- Snow plowing operations.
- GIS - Geographic Information System (Data Collection)
The Public Works Department relies on private contractors for
assistance for the following services:
- Garbage, recycling and yard waste services
- Mosquito Control Program.
- Snow removal and ice control.
- Tree maintenance and removal.
- Street sweeping
- Lawn maintenance and landscaping service.
The Public Works Department staff and contractors provide
24-hour service for emergency response and operations of its
facilities and related appurtenances.
|Superintendent of Public Works
|Minooka Public Works Department
|608 Twin Rail Drive
||Water Department Billing
|Minooka, Illinois 60447
Emergency 24-hour Phone Number:
|The Village of Minooka, Illinois
121 East McEvilly Road
Minooka, IL 60447