Justin Meyer, Chief of Police


IRS Scam

IRS Warns of Pervasive Telephone Scam; Click Here for more details.

Child Safety Seat Inspections

Sergeant Fiedler and Sergeant Beeler are certified Child Safety Seat Inspectors. They will gladly check your child’s seats to ensure they are installed correctly, has not been recalled, meets safety standards, and if it is a correct seat for your child. Please call ahead to make sure an Inspector is available, (815) 467-2298.

Does the Minooka Police Department offer fingerprinting services?

We are available to fingerprint citizens for employment, adoption, licensing, or background investigations, Monday through Friday 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM. Fingerprinting is done on a walk-in basis. There is a fee of $12.00 for all fingerprint services.

How can I obtain a copy of a police report?

Requests for Public Records (FOIA) should be submitted in writing to the public body in person, by mail, fax, or email. Requests will be responded to in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act as amended and effective January 1, 2010. It is recommended that the FOIA Request Form be completed to insure that enough information is obtained to respond to your request.

Crash reports can be obtained through www.buycrash.com or can be requested at the Records Department of the Minooka Police Department during business hours, Monday through Friday 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM. There is a $5.00 fee for all crash report copy requests that are picked up at the Police Department.

What is Minooka Police Departments Hiring Process?

The Village of Minooka follows the rules and regulations of the board of Fire & Police Commission in that every two years testing is conducted for entry level officers.

I would like to have a block party, what do I need to do?

There is a form that needs to be filled out and turned in 7 days prior to your event. This form can be picked up at the Police Department or you can Click Here to print.

Can I get a shoulder patch?

The Minooka Police Department prohibits the sending, exchanging or trading of Minooka Police Department uniform shoulder patches with any individual, group, or business.

We have problems with people speeding in our neighborhood. What can be done about this?

Call the Minooka Police Department and speak with Sergeant Gary Fiedler and ask the speed trailer to be placed at a location mentioned.

Can we tour the police department?

Call the Minooka Police Department at (815) 467-2298 for information.