Service Line Material Identification
Public Works Department
The Minooka Public Works Department headquarters is located at 608 Twin Rail Drive. The Public Works Department consists of a staff of nine maintenance and operations personnel, one clerical personnel, an assistant superintendent, and a superintendent responsible for the supervision, operation and maintenance of Village infrastructure and support services including the following:
- Operation and maintenance of a 2.2 MGD wastewater treatment plant.
- Sanitary sewer collection system consisting of 32 miles of sanitary sewer lines, manholes and 7 lift stations.
- Operation and maintenance of 4 water treatment facilities including 2 Cation exchange water softening facilities supplied by 5 wells.
- Inspection of new water and sewer service lines.
- Operation and maintenance of 3 elevated storage tanks.
- Operation of water transmission and distribution system consisting of 44 miles of water mains ranging in sizes of 4-inches to 16-inches in diameter, 26 miles of service lines, 1250 fire hydrants, 850 main line valves.
- Water meter reading, repairs and maintenance of 4,000 water meters.
- Billing and account maintenance for the 4,000 utility accounts.
- Street maintenance of 63 miles of roadways including 12 miles of storm sewers, 1850 catch basins, wet and dry detention basins, regulatory and street name signs, mowing of roadside ditches, asphalt patching.
- Operation and maintenance of street lights.
- Operation and maintenance of traffic signal lights.
- Maintenance of 21 park facilities.
- Maintenance of 15 miles of bike trails.
- Snow plowing operations.
- GIS – Geographic Information System (Data Collection)
The Public Works Department relies on private contractors for assistance for the following services:
- Garbage, recycling and yard waste services
- Mosquito Control Program.
- Snow removal and ice control.
- Tree maintenance and removal.
- Street sweeping
- Lawn maintenance and landscaping service.
The Public Works Department staff and contractors provide 24-hour service for emergency response and operations of its facilities and related appurtenances.
Minooka Public Works Department
608 Twin Rail Dr, Minooka, IL 60447
Email: [email protected]
Superintendent of Public Works
|815-467-8868 ext. 2303|
Assistant Superintendent of Public Works
|815-467-8868 ext. 2304|
|815-467-8868 ext. 3180|
|Water Department Billing||815-467-2151|
|Emergency 24-hour Phone Number||815-467-2161|
Fall 2023 Tree Planting Map
PFAS Water Customer Notice Above MRL
PFAS Water Customer Fact Sheet
2023 Annual Water Quality Report
To view a copy of the Village of Minooka 2023 Annual Water quality report, click here
This report contains important information about the source and quality of your drinking water during 2022. To obtain a paper copy of this report, please call 815-467-8868, ext. 3180.
Minooka Alternative Water Study Presentation
Minooka Alternative Water Supply Implementation Plan
To view a copy of the Village of Minooka 2022 Alternative Water Supply Implementation Plan, click here